2019 Summer Institute for Climate Change Education
Hamline University ENED 6998-50198
Location: Lowell School, Washington D.C.
Instructor: Jenna Totz
Date: Aug 5-7, 2019
2 graduate credits
The goals of Climate Generation’s 2019 Summer Institute for Climate Change Education are to provide educators with:
- The skills, tools, confidence, and competence to integrate climate change into your educational setting.
- An understanding of where climate change fits in educational standards.
- A comprehensive look at how climate change fits into the humanities.
- Access to and awareness of climate change and energy education resources.
- The space and time to reflect, energize, and connect with other educators.
Educators will engage in hands-on activities and hear from experts in the fields of climate change and energy science and education.
Participants taking the course for credit will be asked to attend and actively participate in all of the sessions at the Institute. Participants must submit a 3-6 page reflection paper or lesson plan that explains how they plan to integrate climate change into their classroom or educational setting.
Papers should be submitted electronically (email or a shared Google Doc) and no later than August 13, 2019, to Jenna Totz, Climate Change Education Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org.