INTERNSHIP: Programs Support Intern
LOCATION: Minneapolis, Climate Generation Office
REPORTS TO: Community Engagement Manager
TYPE: 10-20 hours/week; Jan-May, with possibility of extending through summer
Climate Generation empowers individuals and their communities to engage in solutions to climate change, with a vision of a world of resilient communities with equitable solutions. Established by Minnesota polar explorer Will Steger in 2006, our work is founded on the power of personal story. We are dedicated to addressing the urgent issue of climate change through our programming that builds climate literacy, develops climate advocates, and elevates leaders. We have a clear vision to be the place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, to stay, and do their best work.
A successful intern will gain organizational and administrative experience at a mission-driven nonprofit in the field of climate change education and empowerment. We value the interests and skills of the intern and will provide support and opportunities for personal growth and development during the internship. You will gain:
- Knowledge and experience in the areas of climate change, program planning, and networking
- Exposure to effective planning and development of climate change programming to engage a variety of audiences
- Develop your personal climate story and work on your writing skills through blogging and sharing content
- A collaborative learning experience to include professional goal setting and support reaching your goals
Duties and responsibilities:
The primary purpose of this position is to support Climate Generation with the following activities:
- Assist Community Engagement Program with the planning and execution of climate testimony book launch, including marketing, outreach, event logistics, registration, and coordination of event resources. Must be available on April 22nd.
- Assist Community Engagement Program with program and event planning, and research and support of special projects
- Assist Youth Program with Youth Climate Justice Summit planning and support: March 2020
- Assist Education Program with program planning, and research and support of special projects
Experience and Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or equivalent, some post-secondary encouraged
- Interest in nonprofits, event planning, climate change, climate justice, environmental studies, communication, education, or a related field.
- Experience in organizing and planning events, and demonstrated ability in carrying out tasks in a timely and efficient manner.
- Experience with research and reporting.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work scheduled hours and arrive on time. Must report to Climate Generation office (Minneapolis) for Internship.
- Ability to interact respectfully with diverse groups of people in a variety of settings.
- Personal computer required. Proficient in Apple, MS Word, Excel, and Google Suite.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit resume and cover letter describing why you are interested and your qualifications to email@example.com. Put “Programs Support Intern: last name, first name” in the subject heading. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and will be considered through Dec. 6, 2019. No phone calls please.
Climate Generation: A Will Steger Legacy recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as required by law. We recognize climate change disproportionately hurts the most marginalized people in society — including people of color, people from working class backgrounds, women, and LGBTQ people. We believe that these communities must be centered in the work we do. Hence, we strongly encourage applications from people with these identities or who are members of other marginalized communities and to self-identify.