INTERN TITLE: Development & Events Intern
LOCATION: Minneapolis, MN
REPORTS TO: Director of Development
STIPEND: $200/month stipend is available for this intern position. In addition, Climate Generation is willing to work with educational institutions to apply this internship towards an educational component.
Climate Generation: A Will Steger Legacy empowers individuals and their communities to engage in solutions to climate change. Based in Minneapolis, MN, Climate Generation strategically engages and empowers youth, educators, decision-makers and communities to foster climate literacy and action with the goal of building a more equitable and resilient climate future for all.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Development and Event Intern will be tasked with assisting the production and presentation of the annual Earth Day Fundraiser, a virtual event engaging 500 donors and potential donors in support of Climate Generation: A Will Steger Legacy. Primary tasks will include: tracking and completing tasks designated in the master deliverable list; attending internal event meetings; mailing items; sorting and tracking donations for swag bags; and depending on the candidate, working with the Sr. Communications and Marketing Coordinator on social media marketing and tracking deliverables on sponsorship visibility and impressions. This position will include phone and virtual interaction with Climate Generation staff, Board volunteers and vendors. The Development and Event Intern will take on tasks as delegated by the Director of Development.
SKILLS TAUGHT IN THIS ROLE:
- Event planning
- Task organization
- Social media marketing and external relations
- Must be able to maintain a collegial and professional demeanor with external contacts
- Able to use a phone to make inquiries and to follow-up on requests
- Candidate must be able to write legibly, be familiar with social media, and be able to respond quickly to needs of the organization in planning for the event
- Basic knowledge of Google Docs, Microsoft Word, and Excel
- Ability to work independently and complete tasks from start to finish
- Interest in learning new technologies and softwares
- Personal computer required
ADDITIONAL DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Familiarity with Apple MacAir laptops will help with success in this role
- Confidence in asking for direction or clarification is also extremely helpful
- Lift 15 pounds safely
- Assertiveness and confidence a plus
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply to this position please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com with ‘Development & Events Intern’ in the subject line.