Climate Generation: A Will Steger Legacy empowers individuals and their communities to engage in solutions to climate change. Building on the experience of our founder, Will Steger, polar explorer, science educator, and advocate, Climate Generation is unique in its approach to climate change. We recognize that youth will inherit the unparalleled impacts of climate change and are among our most powerful advocates. We also recognize educators are critical messengers of climate and energy literacy, and schools and non-formal learning centers provide powerful examples of sustainability in communities. With these factors guiding our approach, we are having a tangible impact on addressing climate change through climate literacy, youth leadership, and citizen engagement.
Position: Programs Support Intern
Status: 10-20 hours/week; Feb. 12- July 13, 2018
Job Category: Intern
Duties and responsibilities:
The primary purpose of this position is to support Climate Generation with the following activities:
- Assist Public Engagement Program with the planning and execution of the Talk Climate Institute, March 12-13, 2018 (must be available during this time) including outreach, event logistics, registration, coordination of event resources, and support during the conference
- Assist Education Program with the planning and execution of the Summer Institute for Climate Change Education, June 26-28, 2018 (must be available during this time) including marketing, outreach, event logistics, registration, coordination of event resources, and support during the conference
- Support new projects, content, and evaluation for Education and Public Engagement Programs
- Perform database entry and maintenance, and assist with administrative tasks
Experience and Qualification requirements:
- Interest in environmental studies, communication, public education, community outreach, or related field.
- Experience in organizing events and demonstrated ability in carrying out tasks in a timely and efficient manner.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Interest in climate change education and outreach.
- Demonstrated ability to work scheduled hours and arrive on time.
- Ability to interact respectfully with diverse groups of people in a variety of settings.
- Computer proficiency (Apple, MS Word, Excel) required.
HOW TO APPLY: Please submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Put “Programs Support Intern, last name, first name” in the subject heading. Applications considered through January 20, 2018. No phone calls please.
Climate Generation: A Will Steger Legacy is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, skin color, gender, gender expression, class, religion (creed), age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, or military status.
Climate Generation: A Will Steger Legacy
2801 21st Avenue South, Suite 110
Minneapolis, MN 55407