Attention Minnesota youth! Register now for this year’s Youth Climate Lobby Day and Summit with Governor Dayton:
Wednesday, March 1, 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM
- 9:00 – 10:00 AM: Youth Summit with Governor Dayton, Office of the Governor and Lieutenant Governor at the MN State Capitol, Room 130
- 10:15: Youth Lobby Day Registration, Training + Issue Briefing begins, Christ Lutheran Church, basement level, 105 University Ave W, St Paul
- 10:30 – 3:00: Lobby meetings will be scheduled throughout the morning and early afternoon at the MN State Capitol.
All Minnesota students are invited to join us for a Youth Climate Lobby Day and Summit with Governor Dayton at the State Capitol on March 1. Hosted by Climate Generation and our YEA! MN high school program, we are proud to partner with Neighborhoods Organizing for Change, Minnesota Public Interest Research Group (MPIRG), Minnesota Interfaith Power and Light, and Take Action Minnesota to make this event happen.
This day at the Capitol will be an excellent opportunity for students to learn first-hand about Minnesota’s political system and participate directly in supporting racially + economically just clean energy legislation, including:
- Increasing Minnesota’s Renewable Energy Standard to 50% by 2030, with a pathway to 100% by 2050
- Strengthening pathways to job training, hiring, and retention with a focus on youth, women, veterans, people of color, and rural communities as key strategy in building Minnesota’s clean energy economy
View the full policy platform here and sign the Youth Climate Justice Petition!
For more information contact Jason Rodney, YEA! MN Program Coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org, (612) 278-7147 #108