Climate Generation: A Will Steger Legacy is excited to announce an opportunity for educators to participate in the UNFCCC 21st Conference of the Parties in Paris, France November 30-December 11, 2015! Educators that are selected will join thousands of individuals from around the world in observing UN negotiations. In addition to the official UN events, there will be side events, a People’s Climate Conference and other events hosted by the NGO community and city of Paris to attend.
This year’s negotiations will for the first time in over 20 years aim to achieve a legally binding and universal agreement on climate, with the aim of keeping global warming below 2°C. Educators that apply will be eligible to attend the official negotiations or NGO events based on quotas provided by the UN this fall.
Climate Generation will arrange:
- COP 21 accreditation, granting access to all of the events and meetings and/or Orientation to the NGO sponsored events. Climate Generation is accredited as an Environmental Nongovernmental Organization or ENGO.
- Lodging in a common location for the Climate Generation delegation
- Staff support, December 6 – 11 in the form of daily meetings and facilitated discussions with partners including high school students, college professors, policy experts and government officials
- Webinar connection to your classroom
- Pre-COP orientation and curriculum training
Educators that are selected will be expected to:
- Pay a $750 fee for lodging, staff support, curriculum training
- Arrange their own airfare to Paris, travel to the conference (shuttle service and metros will be provided to conference attendees) and food. Anticipated budget: $2500-3500.
- Write a daily blog of 500-750 words with short video or photo(s) sharing the experience with a general audience
- Integrate Climate Gen Curriculum and the experience into their classroom
- Webinar back to their class/school once during the negotiations
- Sign a waiver/release of liability and contract with Climate Generation
We are no longer accepting applications.
We are no longer accepting applications. If you applied for this opportunity, you will be notified of your place on our list by June 20 and will need to accept the invitation by July 15, 2015.