Will Steger and Minnesota business leaders will host briefing on business solutions to climate change
MINNEAPOLIS , MN – Join polar explorer Will Steger and several Minnesota business leaders as they discuss the opportunities for clean energy solutions in Minnesota at a press conference on Monday February 8th at 11:30 am. Hear from this diverse group as they illustrate the importance a strong limit on carbon emissions has on future investments and job growth and why the U.S. needs bold climate action in 2010.
Will Steger recently returned from the United Nations climate change conference in Copenhagen, Denmark where he witnessed the critical role the U.S. plays in moving the international climate community forward on a legally, binding climate treaty; the U.S. Senate must pass energy and climate legislation in order for the U.S., and emerging economies like China and India, to agree on a binding international agreement that uses a market-based approach to limit emissions.
Additionally, several Minnesota business leaders have recently returned from a trip to Washington D.C. where they met with Minnesota’s Congressional delegation and urged them to pass comprehensive climate and clean energy legislation this year. They joined over 150 other business leaders from across the nation to discuss the potential such legislation has for American business and job creation.
[blockquote class=blue]“The United States has all the tools to be the global leader in the global clean energy marketplace. Thousands of business leaders like me know that unless we move quickly, we risk losing the progress we’ve made on clean energy technology.” – Gerardo Ruiz of FreEner-g[/blockquote]
- WHAT: Local business leaders and polar explorer Will Steger to urge congressional action on clean energy legislation that will spurt investments and economic growth.
- WHERE: FreEner-g LLC
2740 31st Ave South Minneapolis, MN
- WHEN: February 8, 2010 11:30 A.M.
- Todd Churchill, President and Co-owner Thousand Hills Cattle Company
- Terry Gips, Sustainability Associates
- Rebecca Lundberg and Dan Williams, Powerfully Green
- Gerardo Ruiz, CEO FreEner-g LLC
- Will Steger, Explorer, Will Steger Foundation