People turned out in force to the polls yesterday. Thanks to all of you for being a #ClimateVoter.
Here in Minnesota, we elected a new governor last night. Congratulations to Governor-elect Tim Walz and Lt. Governor-elect Peggy Flanagan on the win and on behalf of Climate Generation, we look forward to partnering with their administration to take urgent and bold action on climate change. Our youth organizers and founder Will Steger appreciated meeting with Walz on the campaign trail and were excited to hear his support for climate solutions.
We know that in order to prevent catastrophic consequences in the future, we need to act today and make sure our elected representatives lead on climate. There are steps we can take now like reducing our dependence on fossil fuels by investing in a clean energy economy that will help us address climate change while improving our lives where we live.
We also know our work didn’t end when we left our polling location. We have to keep engaging with our democracy, keep telling our stories, and keep organizing to make sure we see bold action on climate change. We’ll continue to keep you updated on opportunities to continue to push for climate action, but here are a few ways you can continue to stay engaged:
- Write letters to your local paper expressing the need for urgent action on climate change.
- Meet with your elected representatives—city councilmembers, county commissioners, state representatives, and state senators.
- Participate in one of our many events, including our upcoming Climate Conversations
- Show up at the Capitol to make your voice heard and to testify on legislation. We will host our annual Youth Climate Justice Summit at the Capitol in February, including a youth summit with the Governor.
- Share your ideas about how your community and state can lead on climate action.
Thank you for your continued dedication to Climate Generation and the work we do together.