Will Steger and Martin Loken at the 2011 Changing Arctic Symposium.
We feature prominent climate scientists, leaders and authors to raise public awareness about the issue at public forums. Past public forums have included:
- 40,000 People Join Historic Climate Rally in D.C.: A massive group of climate activists gathered on the National Mall on to urge President Obama to “move forward on climate” and take action on climate policy. (February 2013)
- McKibben Do the Math Tour and the Math That Works Conference: Bill McKibben and the Do the Math Tour were in Minneapolis at the University of Minnesota where they spoke to a sold out crowd of over 1200 people. Bill was joined by special guests Mason Jennings, Marty Cobenais of the Indigenous Environmental Network, our own Polar explorer Will Steger, Kate Faye from MN350 and his old college friend Winona LaDuke. (November 2012)
- The Changing Arctic: International Cooperation and Development. Over 80 people joined the Will Steger Foundation and partners for a thought-provoking conversation on The Changing Arctic on October 27, 2011 at the Humphrey School of Public Affairs. The half-day event explored what a changing arctic, mainly an ice-free arctic, means for economics, the environment, diplomacy and security. (October 2011)
- Eyewitness Voices – North Pole Expedition Team Reflects on the Impacts of the Expedition on their Lives and the Planet (May 2011)
- The Climate Misinformation that Confused America [Video] with Dr. Naomi Oreskes (Hubert H. Humphrey Institute of Public Affairs, August 2010)
- Edina Clean Energy Forum with Bill McKibben [Video] (August 2009)
- Global Warming Science and Solutions with Will Steger, J. Drake Hamilton and NASA’s Dr. James Hansen [Video] (Science Museum of Minnesota, August 2008)
We also host a variety of community events with youth through our Emerging Leaders Program and with community partners including Minnesota Environmental Partnership, MPIRG, Oxfam, Fresh Energy, Renewable Energy Society, Minnesota State Fair Eco Experience, 350.org and MN350 to engage the public in climate action events.
Check out these exciting videos from past events:
|Sense of Place in a Changing Climate||Clean Cars Lobby Day||MPIRG/YEA! MN lobby day|
|350 International Day of Action||HIRE MN Day at the Capitol|