We have worked with government agencies at the state, federal and international level and the business community on public outreach initiatives.
- We worked with SUPERVALU in 2008-2009 by partnering with their Government Affairs and Environmental Stewardship initiatives through their ValuEarth campaign & Climate Change Panel discussion
- Engaged Montana and Minnesota business leader support for a federal climate policy through business-round table discussions and media events
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency Region 5 and Minnesota Pollution Control Agency supported The Longest Summer Tour, a 10-day tour that provided an opportunity to highlight and elevate the great resources and efforts on climate change already underway in the upper Midwest in the fall of 2008. The tour highlighted regional leadership from a cross-generational perspective and the strategies, and policies already in place at the regional, state, local level that reduce harmful greenhouse gas emissions. The tour provided vivid accounts of the impacts of climate change inthe Arctic, the Great Lakes, and examples of citizen solutions
- The Royal Norwegian Embassy and Norway Ministry of Environmentsponsored the 2008 Ellesmere Island Expedition to raise awareness of Arctic issues and climate change across the U.S. and in Norway
- News of Norway [PDF]
- Will Steger Testifies Before the MN Legislature, a historic first for the legislature, in support of a state Renewable Electricity Standard (January 2007)
- Governor Pawlenty and Will Steger Partner on a 3-part series of community forums in 2008 to draw attention to the impacts of climate change, energy security and clean energy solutions.
We have worked with elected officials across the political spectrum, from collaboration with Minnesota legislators to Midwest Congressional leaders. Will Steger has met with former Governor of Kansas Kathleen Sebelius, former Wisconsin Governor Doyle and Illinois Governor Pat Quinn, as well as Field Directors for U.S. Senators from North Dakota, South Dakota, and Montana. Since his election in 2011, Will Steger Foundation is honored to work with current Governor Mark Dayton and his administration to ensure that Minnesota continues its clean energy path.