The Will Steger Foundation is a proud partner in the Climate Change LIVE! Webinar series: Register today for these free, in-depth online sessions featuring experts on climate change and education. Our Director of Education will be presenting during the January webinar:
- 9/25: “Bring Your Class on a ClimateChangeLIVE Distance Learning Adventure!” (7:30-9:00PM ET)
- 10/16: “What Can We Learn From Schoolyard Trees?” (7:30-9:00PM ET)
- 10/23: “Teaching and Communicating About Climate Change” (7:30-9:00PM ET)
- 11/20: “ClimateChangeLIVE Education Resources Highlights – Pt. 1” (7:30-9:00PM ET)
- 12/11: “ClimateChangeLIVE Education Resources Highlights – Pt. 2” (7:30-9:00PM ET)
- 1/29: “Professional Development Programs for Climate Change Education” (7:30-9:00PM ET)
Congratulations to all of our finalists and winners of the Youth Voices of Change Climate Change Youth Video Contest: Soren, Jack, Will, Noah, Ryan, Brandon, Haley and all of their adult mentors! Watch all their videos and learn more about the contest here.
Preparing for Next Generation Science Standards is easy with NEED. The National Energy Education Development (NEED) project is a clearinghouse of curriculum resources that aim to help educators reach these new standards effectively. Find more about their resources here.
More resources to help:
- CERTs Seed Grants are now available to your school – Don’t miss this great opportunity to fund your project!
- EPA Climate Change Lesson Plans are available for teachers of younger grades
- Come to our Free Public Forum in Shakopee, MN at Shakopee High School, Oct 2nd, 7:00 PM
- Follow the “Great American Adaption Roadtrip” stories about climate change adaptation from around the country by a traveling duo from Michigan
- Send your high school and college students to Powershift 2013 in Pittsburgh, PA! Contact us to learn about transportation and lodging for MN youth.
- School Garden Workshops from the U of MN Extension: coming to a community near you this October
- Article: “The 5 Stages of Climate Denial” from SkepticalScience
- Article: “Get kids outside AND meet state standards” from The Children and Nature Network
- Article: “Teach you childen well: 10 things the next generation will need to know to thrive in the anthropocene” from ENSIA
- Article: “Climate panel cites near certainty on warming” from NYTimes
- The Solar Decathalon is unique opportunity for university students – check it out
If you are planning to be at the North American Association for Environmental Education (NAAEE) conference in October, please plan on attending the sessions, Climate Change Environmental Education: Project-based Online Learning Community Alliance (POLCA) Friday, October 11 from 1:45pm to 2:25pm and the Climate Literacy and Energy Awareness Network (CLEAN Network), Roundtable Discussion,Thursday, October 10 from 9:20am to 10:00am. You will hear be able to hear some of the results of the national climate change education needs assessment that we helped facilitate, as well as hear more about the CLEAN Network and how to get involved. See you there!
Moment of Inspiration: Youth Voices of Change Grand Prize Winner Soren Sackreiter’s video “Saint Anthony Park Solar”
Make it a good day,