U.S. Climate Action Network
USCAN was created in 1989 by groups working on global warming in response to the need for a forum for joint strategy development and advocacy to affect change in a coordinated way at the state and local level as well as at the United Nations and in Washington, DC. More Info…
350.org is building a global grassroots movement to solve the climate crisis. Our online campaigns, grassroots organizing, and mass public actions are led from the bottom up by thousands of volunteer organizers in over 188 countries. More Info…
The Clean Air Act
The Clean Air Act is literally a lifesaver. Richard Nixon signed it into law in 1970 and it is one of the most successful environmental laws anywhere in the world. Here is a link to the Plain English Guide to the Clean Air Act. More Info…
Eyewitness to Global Warming Community Forums and Speaking Tours
In partnership with nonprofit organizations, congregations, and universities, Will Steger Foundation co-hosts Eyewitness to Global Warming community forums on global warming solutions; the forums are a spark for future public and political action.
Will Steger provides vivid accounts from his observations of global warming in the Arctic and Antarctic regions. Will Steger took his Eyewitness to Global Warming message across Minnesota and the Midwest, starting in the fall of 2005. Check out some of our past speaking tours:
- North Dakota Tour – May, 2009
Climate Change Public Forums
- The Changing Arctic: International Cooperation and Development – Over 80 people joined the Will Steger Foundation and partners for a thought-provoking conversation on The Changing Arctic on October 27th at the Humphrey School of Public Affairs. The half-day event explored what a changing arctic, mainly an ice-free arctic, means for economics, the environment, diplomacy and security.
- Global Warming Science and Solutions with Will Steger, J. Drake Hamilton and NASA’s Dr. James Hansen [Video] (Science Museum of Minnesota, August 2008)
- Edina Clean Energy Forum with Bill McKibben [Video] (August 2009)
- The Climate Misinformation that Confused America [Video] with Dr. Naomi Oreskes (Hubert H. Humphrey Institute of Public Affairs, August 2010)
Renewable Energy Tours
In summer 2006 and 2007 Will Steger, renowned Arctic explorer and environmental educator, set out across Southern Minnesota to tour locally-owned renewable energy sites in partnership with The Minnesota Project and the Natural Legacy Campaign. The expedition highlighted the economic and energy opportunities produced by Minnesota’s rural communities while emphasizing that Minnesota farmers and their communities hold the key to global warming solutions. Rural communities lead the way in wind power, ethanol, biodiesel, and methane digester development and offer economic opportunity to their communities while bringing cleaner air and energy independence to the nation.
|Midwest Renewable Energy Tour|