We are proud to share our annual report which highlights our activities from September 2014 – August 2015.
This year we had a number of accomplishments thanks to your support!
We reached over 5,000 educators, 7,500 youth, successfully re-branded our organization, and expanded our reach.
- Launched a successful new name and brand!
- Increased visibility through local to national media coverage (50 media stories) with an established Communications position and through our innovative fundraising series, Dine for Climate.
- Our Summer Institute for Climate Change Education reached 70 educators from 8 states and over 100% reported an increase in confidence to teach climate change.
- Reached 5,000 educators through workshops, conferences, communications and professional development opportunities.
- 90% of participants at our Climate Minnesota convenings said they have taken some steps towards mitigating and/or adapting to climate change since the convening.
- Directly supported student leadership on climate action projects at 10 metro area high schools, actively mentored 10 high school leaders through the YEA! MNsteering committee and reached 3,500 youth through the full program.
- Organized a high school youth climate justice summit, Youth CAN! for over 160 youth from 20 high schools and the Youth Summit with Governor Dayton where 100 high school and college youth privately discussed their vision for Minnesota’s clean energy future.
- Refined our innovative mentorship program, connecting 12 mentorship pairs, veteran staff and youth leaders, across 4 Midwest states in an egalitarian/equal learning exchange with a series of guided activities and group calls.